The Library of Economics and Liberty is dedicated to advancing the study of economics, markets, and liberty. It offers a unique combination of resources for students, teachers, researchers, and aficionados of economic thought.
The website is provided by Liberty Fund, Inc., a private, educational foundation established to encourage the study of the ideal of a society of free and responsible individuals. The Foundation develops, supervises, and finances its own educational activities, with the goal of fostering discussion and thought on enduring topics pertaining to the creation and maintenance of such a society.
The site features
- Monthly featured articles and columns;
- Daily economics blog posts with reader comments;
- Weekly economics podcast episodes with reader comments;
- Authoritative editions of classics in economics, and related works in history, political theory and philosophy;
- Definitions and explanations of economics terms and ideas via the Concise Encyclopedia of Economics;
- Frequently updated guides to reading suggestions, annotated bibliographies, links to the most commonly-used economics data bases, and other educational resources organized by topic and educational level, for those looking for ideas and guidance for further readings.
- Facebook page with announcements, thought questions, and discussion groups.
- Numerous Awards for Best Blog, Best Podcast, and other online recognition and reviews.